5 Steps To Achieve Your Goals
Perhaps nowhere else other than New Year’s resolutions do people fail to reach their goals. It is chronic. In that case and in most, if not all other cases a few basic steps can greatly increase the rate at which we achieve our goals.
First, these steps are meant for those in a time crunch or for those who have a fast approaching deadline. It’s recommended you develop a structured plan that helps you achieve your goals so you aren’t scrambling at the end to meet your goal.
Next, use these steps to prioritize your tasks to make time for writing, budget your time effectively, and go out with a bang! They are however very applicable to more mid to long range goals as well. Apply them and you will no doubt achieve your goals
1. Identify Your Priorities – What tasks hold the greatest value (biggest ROI)? Make a list of everything you do in a given day and rank it starting with 1 as your highest priority. Delegate anything that is low priority. If delegation isn’t possible, let it go (deep breath) to make room for tasks that hold the greatest value to you.
2. Break it Down – Break down your tasks into actionable steps. For example, instead of “send tweet,” you might be break it down to “brainstorm tweet ideas,” “write tweets,” and “schedule/post tweet.” A more specific writing example would include “brainstorm article topics,” “outline article,” “draft article,” “edit article,” and “submit article.”
3. Increase Efficiency – Eliminate the following:
Time sinks or activities that take up huge chunks of your time with little to no value
Self-induced or outside distractions that make you lose your focus
Multi-tasking or not giving one task your full attention at any given time
4. Create a Plan – In the amount of time you have before your deadline, calculate how long it will take to perform a given task and schedule it at least a day in advance. To amp up your writing efforts, take a day to write (or two or three – whatever you can). Clear your schedule and dedicate every resource you have to reaching your writing goal on that day.
5. Execute – Spring into action with every fiber of your being! Give every article an extra 10% of quality and originality to increase your ROI and exercise those article writing muscles.
Go now! Make your plan and get everyone (friends, family, and peers) on board. Don’t go out of this year with a whimper simply because you didn’t make your goal. End it with a bang!